It’s time for the annual Boone Sunrise Rotary Fruit Sale! “Great fruit for a great cause” is the motto of this popular annual Rotary fundraiser. Every year, the club partners with Florida Indian River Groves in providing fresh citrus to our patrons. Funds from this project directly support Rotary projects in our local community as well as some very worthy international projects. As the club’s primary annual fundraiser, the program generates over $8,000 in support for many of the local and international programs described below. To order your fruit, CLICK HERE! Questions? E-mail Leslie Smith.
Boone Sunrise Rotary Membership Chair Regina Hartley just made a great case why #RotaryRocks on her Facebook Page. Jason Reagan agrees. Why do you think #Rotary Rocks? Comment below.
It’s a busy time for the Boone Sunrise Rotary Club. Here are a few announcements and news items.
- In the News: President Rosa Ivey welcomed District Governor Gary Dills to the club on Tuesday, 8/2, prompting local news site High Country Press to feature our Club prominently on their site.
- Gary Dills’ PowerPoint: To download the PowerPoint presented by District Gov. Gary Dills on Tuesday, 8/2, click here.
- Rotary Fits You to a T: President Rosa reports that the Rotary polo and T-shirts shirts have been ordered and will arrive in two weeks.
- Get Social: An after-work social is in the works and should take place by the end of August or so. Stay tuned for details.
- Upcoming Service Projects:
08/06 – Habitat Workday
08/13 – Back2School Festival
09/24 – River Clean-Up
10/04 – Red Cross Blood Drive; email Lynne Mason for details.
- Don’t forget the BLUE BUCKETS! Whenever Frances reminds us “Don’t Forget the Blue Buckets!” at each meetings, many of us truly want to give to Coins for Alzheimer’s Research Trust Committee (C.A.R.T.) which promotes Alzheimer’s Awareness by collecting change and small bills from members on a weekly basis. However, many times, members may be short on the kind of money that clinks. However, you can also donate to CART online. Check out http://www.cartfund.org/cart/donations/
- Rotary Convention Celebrates Foundation’s 100th Year: The Rotary Foundation is turning 100! Let’s celebrate together in the city where it all began in 1917. The Rotary Convention travels to Atlanta, Georgia, USA 10 -14 June 2017. We’ll look back proudly over a century of “doing good in the world” — and look ahead to the challenges Rotary will tackle in the century to come. It promises to be the best and biggest party in a hundred years! Take advantage of your opportunity to save. Be sure to register before 15 December for early registration savings at riconvention.org.
- 35 Million More Reasons to END POLIO NOW: In January, Rotary announced $35 million in grants to support the global effort to end polio. In 2015, the world saw historic progress against the paralyzing disease, with just two countries – Afghanistan and Pakistan – reporting a single strain of the wild virus. If the current momentum is strengthened, this year may mark the last case of wild poliovirus. Contact John Cooper (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out how YOU can help. http://www.endpolio.org
Have you logged on to DACdb yet?
No, it’s not an obscure 1980’s punk band. What is it? District and Club Database (DACdb) is a powerful online tool that can take your Rotary experience from “blah” to awesome with just a few mouse clicks.
DACdb also helps districts and clubs around the world improve member communication and community outreach.
At the Tuesday, Aug. 9 meeting, we will give our members the opportunity to log on to DACdb and confirm your log-in info. After that, you will be able to access DACdb’s many great features (on your PC OR mobile device). Click here for a tutorial.
DACdb features include:
- Real-time information about your club and members. Connects instantly to Rotary International;